These books may not be on a typical feminist reading list. There is feminist, literature of all genres which need exploration. This list will help you to discover all that feminist writings has to offer no matter what you’re into.
1. Yes Please by Amy Poehler
When you need a reminder not to listen to the dark voices in your head telling you that you’re not good enough.
2. Don’t Worry it Get’s Worse by Alida Nugent
When you need to be reassured that adulting is harder than it seems.
3. Diary of a Teenage Girl by Phoebe Gloeckner
When you need a reminder that girls can think about sex just as much as men.
4. Saga by Brian K. Vaughan
When you’re craving a science-fiction graphic novel with a badass female lead for a change.
5. You Don’t Have to Like Me by Alida Nugent
When you need to hear that it’s okay to identify as a feminist because it’s actually not a dirty word.
6. Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
When you’re ready to learn that you can be a feminist and still enjoy rap music and pop culture.
7. Y: The Last Man by Brian K. Vaughan
When you’re tired of reading whitewashed books about strong male leads.
8. Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
When you need to be reassured that making mistakes is okay because they can be used as a way to grow and learn.
9. Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
When you need to hear that it’s never too late to figure out who you are.
10. Paper Girls by Brian K. Vaughan
When you desire to read about a #girlsquad who fights off, not only, aliens but stereotypes as well.